torsdag den 1. september 2016

Old Grandfather Clock - SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges - September 2016


I have a great die of an old clock that I never ever used. Now I have finally found an opportunity. So I made a box that could be decorated inside and outside.

As a child when I was visiting my grandparents, I thought that the clock strucked and ticked, and I was afraid for the next chime. It was almost like the wall quivered and the clock was almost alive.



The entire box was painted black to start with. Then I gave all surfaces the cracking paint, and when it was dry box was painted blue and titan buff. The last layer was painted with quinacridone gold.











I have used:
DecoArt media Gesso Black
DecoArt media  Fluid Acrylics Titan Buff and Quinacridone Gold
DecoArt Metallic Lustre Brilliant Turquoise
Americana Weathered Wood Crakle Medium
DecoArt Crafters Acrylic Brilliant Blue

Die, charms dial and gem from my stash.

Come and join us on SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges in September and win great prizes!



Thanks for visiting my blog I wish you a good day.
Hugs, Susan

8 kommentarer:

  1. So brilliant, Susan!
    I'm in love with your Grandfather's Clock!

    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    SvarSlet
  2. This looks like an old treasure, Susan. I love the wonderful weathered look you have created! xx Maura

    SvarSlet
  3. WOW, this is FABULOUS!!!! It really looks old. Well done!

    SvarSlet
  4. Susan, this is absolutely brilliant!

    SvarSlet
  5. i love this clock..looks so great
    greets
    Alexa

    SvarSlet
  6. Thank you for all your lovely comment.
    Hugs, Susan

    SvarSlet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...