fredag den 1. april 2016

SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges - MouseTime

This month at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges I have made a mousetrap.
It's a thing I've thought about for a while, and now I could not wait any longer. 


First I painted the background black and the metal has been prepared in vinegar and salt water for several days. The gears are cut in grunge board.


The little spider is made from rusted wire.


I have used:
DecoArt Media gesso white and black, texture sand paste, crackle paste
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics paynes gray and quinacridone gold
DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream, english red oxide, corbon black and patina green
Americana decoupage matte
Andy Skinner Toxic stamp
Tim Holtz gear, scrap and grunge board
Mousetrap and found items






Thanks for visiting my blog and I look forward to see your project on
 I wish you a nice day.
Hugs, Susan

6 kommentarer:

  1. Absolutely utterly brilliantly gobsmackingly fantastic, Susan!

    The best altered mouse trap I've ever seen! The rust and crackled texture you have achieved are divine and you have combined all the elements so perfectly to create a stunning illusion of a true artifact! Love the little spider too! Wow!

    Bowing to the mistress of the altered mousetraps!
    Hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    SvarSlet
  2. Cool! I have thought about the mousetrap too Susan, but never tried it. Such a wonderful piece!

    SvarSlet
    Svar
    1. Thank you Maura, it was fun to make.
      Hugs, Susan

      Slet

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...